Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's -30C and sunny out...

"Blessed be Your name when the sun's shining down on me, when the world's all as it should be, Blessed be Your name."

Its cold! Very cold here in northern Alberta! While our family to the south is getting dumped on by snow, we're getting hammered with cold temps! I'm quite wimpy when it comes to the cold so needless to say, I don't go out much in it and the extra cold of the north makes me more of a hermit. It makes me a bit homesick for southern BC and its mild temperatures. 

But a day like today, despite the cold, still uplifts my heart. Though you can't really see it in the photo, EVERYTHING is sparkling in the northern sunshine today. The whole world around us is bright, brilliant, beautiful and I'm feeling blessed!

The sun brings life, vitality, growth, renewal...and that's how its making me feel today! Thank you Lord for the sunshine on this icy cold day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah Yep! You have SUNSHINE, and as you know, even though we are in the "beautiful SUNNY Okanagan", its not all that sunny for long periods of time. I have only seen that friendly shiny thing once in the past week. Today is a sloppy old mess of meltingness - everything drab and I swear the trees in the orchard have their branches drooping like the arms of a pouting kid.

    Thanks for your post - Miss you!

    Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete