Sunday, November 26, 2006

The End is Near...or is it?


"You who laid the foundations of the earth, so that it should not be moved forever." Psalm 104:5

Southern British Columbia, to me, is one of the most beautiful places to live on the planet. I've seen some beautiful places in my travels but this will always be my top choice for the beauty of nature. Friday was no exception. It was a clear sunny morning, probably the last of its kind for November, and I was desperate to get outside with my camera.

I had the day off work so being out felt even more special, like playing hooky or something. I called up my friend Barb & we headed down to Hayne's Point for a photo outing. It was a great time & I captured some beautiful images in that little park. We felt so priveleged to be out in the glorious sunshine appreciating the beauty around us before the grips of winter covers up our blue sky. And it was comforting to know that we were in a protected park so that these beauties we were enjoying would be preserved.


Natural resource preservation is such a hot topic in this day & age. Conservation. Reversing the cycle before its too late. Stop Global Warming. Save the Planet. With all the reports & statistics out there, the predictions of global destruction are getting more and more prominant. Protect this! Save that! Reduce, reuse, recycle. Everything is pointing to the doom of our planet because of the way we have treated it in the last millenium. It seems inevitable that we are in a downward spiral to the end of the world.

Psalm 104 is one of my most favourite books of the Bible because of the way it beautifully describes our Creator and how the whole earth responds to Him. "He causes the grass to grow for the cattle" vs.14 "He appointed the moon for seasons; the sun knows its going down" vs.19 "The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their food from God." vs.21 "Oh Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your possessions." vs.24

Are we at risk of losing or destroying the wonders that God has created for us? I believe we aren't. Though the earth has suffered & will continue to suffer from all we put it through, God doesn't create second rate stuff! And there are several verses in the Bible that guarantee this like Psalm 104:5 "You who laid the foundations of the earth, so that it should not be moved forever." and Ecclesiastes 1:4 "One generation passes away and another generation comes; but the earth abides forever." Psalm 78:69 "...like the earth which He has established forever."

I got these references on the earth's endurance from a program my husband & I enjoy on prophecy by Jack Van Impe that we watch on line. Weekly, Jack & his wife, collect & share various world news & explain how it relates to prophecies in the Bible & the second coming. With all the wars & nuclear warnings happening in our world right now, its easy for many to believe that the end of the world is near. We believe the Second Coming is near. If you are interested in Biblical prophecies & end times stuff, I recommend tuning in to his website at www.jvim.com or watching their weekly program.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you wrap your heart around scripture. I too, enjoy and appreciate the bounty that God has blessed us with, in nature. I will have to check that link out when I have a moment and will give you feedback. Thanks for sharing. PS - I had a wonderful time at the park with you and also... I bet your photography group went INSIDE to rattlers... eh?

    ReplyDelete