Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Friends


"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you" Phil 1:3


I've said it before and I'll say it again, you guys are really special to me. You don't know how much your comments encourage me and how much your blogs uplift me! I've been having a bit of a blah week and have had a hard time feeling motivated to blog for the last little bit. Not because of the blah week, but because I've been doing a lot of other writing and feel like I had nothing left over to say in my blog some days. I was uninspired. But I kept reading your blogs & felt so uplifted when my mood was low & my faith was weak! So I thank you, I thank you for encouraging me & inspiring me.

My faith has been waning a bit this week, asking & waiting on things. God is always faithful though. Its easy not to see the forest for the trees. We have forests of blessings but when one or two trees fall, it can feel like the whole forest is falling in on us, when in reality, its just making room for new growth. We just have to give those seedlings of blessings a chance. So that's what I'm doing today. Seeing the seedlings & giving them a chance to grow!


14 comments:

  1. You know Becky... I think you are more of a blessing to us then we are to you... You are consistent and unwavering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the previous comment. I love coming to see what you have wrote here. My day was not all that good today. It was just a very trying day for me. But I know God is there right beside me. And He is beside you as well. I am praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kid

    I've been away at a fire the past three days. I have missed reading your blog and writing our own.

    Interesting you breach the faith subject. It was my topic Sunday morning. I did download the message on the Sword & Trowel blog.

    I too agree with dave's comments.

    We have another campfire this Sunday hope you guys can make.

    Bless you both...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Beck, you are very kind. Your blogsite is always a treat. It's amazing to think that we all can be "penpals" like this. Very cool. God's good. Will be praying. Let those seedlings grow... they've been planted on good soil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky,
    I am just getting to know you and have appreciated your visits to my site. This is such a sweet post. I needed to read it. I am very sad tonight over some news I heard about people I know. Thanks for the picture of the trees. For some reason, it's a help.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky,
    I haven't been dropping by for very long but what Dave said is exactly why I consistently return to read: your writings are consistent and unwavering and your pictures accurately reflect the Word they illustrate.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great insight Becky. And isn't it so amazing to have encouragement come to you when you've never physically asked for it? Thats happened to me so many times, to show me that God anticipates and fills us up, if we just allow it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so true that we have forests of blessings amidst our tree clumps of trials.

    For a smile...come and see the picture I have up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky~~I love the seedlings...let them grow girl.......

    Be Blessed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Barb, so true about God knowing what we need. He does fill us up!

    Have a great weekend everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love visiting your blog Becky, so I agree with some of the other comments, we are lucky to have you. I am enjoying getting to know you better and I appreciate and enjoy your comments on my blog. Have a wonderful day and a excellent weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are the greatest! I never knew that the internet & blogging could be such a blessing and such an amazing way to meet & connect with people! Praise God for the Internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, of all the places, I never knew the internet could be a safe haven to enjoy God's goodness and a place of rest and recuperation from the turmoil each day brings.Thanks Becky for your unwavering love and consistency!!

    ReplyDelete