Thursday, March 10, 2011

Purpose Day 2: You Are Not An Accident

You are not an accident.
You are alive because God wanted to create you!
God made you so he could love you.

While the theme of this chapter is rather simple, it left me with more questions than answers.

Why does God's love hurt so much sometimes?

I get that God is the creator and doesn't make mistakes, I get that he designed this world for us, a perfect intelligent design with all our specifics in mind, but I constantly struggle with "God is love".

I'm sure everyone struggles or questions God when there are innocents suffering? I understand my own sin & what I do deserve for the choices I have made, the wrongs I have done. God's ultimate display of his love for us was Jesus, pure & perfect, sacrificed for our wrongs. That's HUGE love...

But... what about suffering children, starving people, especially people of faith, families that love & obey & worship God, why is there such extreme pain for some? Loss of a child, a spouse, a life, a dream? If we are alive cuz God wanted to create us, why is there so much hurt & pain for so many of us?

This, I don't understand. I know all things have purpose... I just don't understand them. This always leaves me with a bit of fear, fear that my loving God can still allow hurt for me, and that this hurt was already forethought long before I was born, just like all the blessings, joys & challenges of our lives were. I can only assume, that like a loving father, he is also weeping when we are too.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've wondered too. Scary and hard to understand. Perhaps its as much about trust as understanding.

    I'm along for your journey. I think if we are not challenging our thoughts our faith can die or remain "warm" - thats not so good.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:51 PM

    June 10, 2011 - first time I have visited your site - it is good to see goodness in the land of the living. Enjoy all that God has in store for you - God is awesome and His faithfulness are new every morning.

    Blessed
    CC

    ReplyDelete