Thursday, March 17, 2011

Purpose Day 7: The Reason for Everything

It's all for him.
Without God's glory, there would be nothing.
It is the essence of his nature, the weight of his importance, the radiance of his splendor, the demonstration of his power and the atmosphere of his presence.

In our selfish day & age, it's hard to grasp that everything that is everything is for God's glory. And without him, there is nothing. Everything! Nothing! I think my mortal mind is too small to wrap around this.

Creation reveals our Creator's glory.
We are commanded to recognize, honor, declare, praise, reflect and live for his glory.
When anything in creation fulfills its purpose, it brings glory to God.

I have to admit that I have a hard time feeling like I'm COMMANDED to give God glory. I'm so selfishly independant (or so I think) that I get all bristly when someone tells me what to do, or insists I do something. But how can I feel this way when I am nothing without God. I guess when we pretend that we are something without him, we don't feel the need to give him glory because we feel we don't need him. I really need to "get over myself".

In what ways can we give him glory?

By worshipping him
By loving other believers (I suck at this)
By becoming like Christ
By serving others with our gifts
By telling others about him (I suck at this as well)

But, now I know there are definitely things I need to work on, and that they are important. It won't be easy, immediate or perfect...

Living the rest of your life for the glory of God will require a change in your priorities, your schedule, your relationships and everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment