Monday, May 28, 2007

Abound With Blessings: Proverbs 28

"A faithful man will abound with blessings, but he who hastens to be rich will not go unpunished." Proverbs 28:20



I've been thinking a lot about blessings lately. It seems like God is heaping them on our heads these days & we're just soaking them all in. I think God gives blessings to us even when it doesn't seem like we deserve them as well. But its when we receive those blessings with a thankful heart that they become so rewarding.

In our weak & broken down faith, God has been giving & giving to my husband & I these past couple years. We are finally coming to a point where the weakness & brokenness in our faith is subsiding. And we are seeing God's graciousness in all the blessings He has showered us with. We live rather simple & content lives. We love the outdoors. We love to play. We love moments together as a couple. And He has granted us gifts of the things we love over & over again. Like the gift of calming waters on Saturday so I could go play in my kayak in the Great Outdoors and found my place to have quiet time with the Lord while I was there. So many blessings like this. He gives & gives.

On Sunday, our pastor delivered a powerful message that seemed a bit pivotal for both of us. The part that is standing out most is the acronym for NOW. No Opportunities Wasted. With all the blessings we have, God has given us plenty of opportunities to do stuff for Him. To share our blessings. To share His love. To spend time. To help out. To give. To receive. To get to know. To smile. To comfort. How many opportunities come & go without us moving toward them? We can be capable of the faith to receive those blessings. So if we are so blessed by God, what can we do for Him? Opportunities are in front of you, in front of me, all the time. I'm abounding in blessings, how about you? NOW I want to find a way to bless others.

7 comments:

  1. If a person lives a "thankful life" before me then that is blessing enough. For that encourages and inspires without words. If a person leads a sacrifial life, one of servanthood that is born out of thankfullness and not a 'religious state'...that also is the way of blessing.
    If one responds to God out of thankfullness and passion, even in times of questioning..I watch that, and it blesses me and I am challenged to keep reaching for more.
    All of these things bless me without the person or people involved even realizing that they are "doing something for God". That, in my opinion, is what the world needs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck, for starters, you're blessing people with this blog. Keep seeking the Lord and His will. Blessing others will be a natural extension of your time spent with Jesus :) How fun to kayak and spend some alone time with God - awesome - there's nothing like delving into the peace and quiet of God's nature and quiet peace of His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. XLent message..thanx..
    making the most of every opportunity. :) inspired07

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Becky - I glimpsed God in you when I met you... waiting beneath the surface - when you're with me, you continually bring blessing into my life. I am so proud of you for allowing Him to take control... don't you simply wake up with an excitement deep inside every day, knowing now you've relenquished the reins, you will be able to enjoy the Journey He's laid out for you? I'm so excited to see where you're headed, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is important to realise our blessings. It is a joy to share it with others. Your blog has been an encouragement to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God prosper your hubby and you as you use your lives and resources to glorify His name.Salt and Light that 's what we are called to be.God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I never imagined the blogging world to be such as it is. Meeting amazing new people, brethren in the Lord, giving & receiving encouragement like this. You all uplift me! :)

    ReplyDelete