Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gathered the wind in His fists: Proverbs 30



"Who has ascended into heaven, or descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name and what is His Son's name, if you know?" Proverbs 30:4



I urge you to read this whole chapter today. There is some amazing imagery & wisdom in it from the wise man Agur...


Every word of God is pure... every word!


Give me neither poverty nor riches... contentment to be in the middle.


There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes... I can guess which generation that is.


There are four things which are little on the earth, but they are exceedingly wise: the ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their food in the summer... they work in teams & have the strength of giants, a fine example of how we should live in harmony & without laziness
There are three things which are majestic in pace...a lion, which is mighty among beasts and does not turn away from any... their only fear is us humans.

I can't believe my month of Proverbs has nearly come to an end. I have so enjoyed working my way through it. I could probably do it for several months back to back & find a new truth from each chapter each day!

3 comments:

  1. This is a greaty series that you are doing on Proverbs. I have read each one. The photo of the bird is very nice. Keep it coming. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Beck - every time we open up God's Word, He will reveal something new to us if we're only willing to ask! Great series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:08 PM

    Proverbs is my favorite book of the Bible, many different years I have read the Proverb for the day month after month and always, always I have found something new, even after years of studying it, keep it up, you will love it too_Mom

    ReplyDelete