Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hope & Life: Proverbs 13


"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life." ~Proverbs 13:12

A quick note, because today was a day to just be with my husband. Both of our mothers are out of town and we were unable to be with them. So we chose today to spend together, to reconnect & smile!

God knew the desires of our hearts when He chose a spouse for us in eachother. It was what we had hoped for, for a long time. It felt that the hope went unrecognized, and the hope faded as the hearts began to doubt. But then, we found eachother, and the smile we found in each other was that 'tree of life' that we needed and we have been blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Amen Becky!!

    My husband still loves me even though I near took his head off yesterday. I think men-o-pause is onsetting... LOL! Funny but not. Will you pray for me, my friend? I look forward to our visit on Wednesday - an oasis in a busy week. *hugs* Hope your Monday went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had some time with your husband. For us, sometimes life gets so busy that we forget to take the time to enjoy one another's company. We're working on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that tree looks very familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb - You have a very understanding hubby so I'm sure his head will re-attach!

    Sharon - we had to acknowledge that we needed it too & actually plan the day that way.

    Rebecca - the tree is in a place called Kal Park in Vernon, BC :) Used to be my fave place to hike!

    ReplyDelete